Portland based pop singer-songwriter Candice Russell has just released her second project, an EP entitled Ignite.
Candice was on American Idol, Season 11, and soon after she launched her first album titled “So Much More.” She is an award-winning songwriter and all of the songs on her projects are original. Candice’s writing is honest and vulnerable, while maintaining a positivity that inspires listeners to strive for something more. “I want to reach people with the music that I’ve written and hopefully encourage and uplift them,” says Russell.
Ignite was recorded in Nashville and co-written with #1 songwriter and producer Kenny Lamb (Justin Timberlake, NSYNC, Jason Aldean) and engineer Chris Rowe (Taylor Swift, Keith Urban). This is Candice’s biggest project yet. Check out all five songs from the EP on iTunes, Amazon and digital outlets everywhere. Watch closely going forward as she is an artist who is definitely on the move.
Other fun and interesting facts about Candice:
- She worked as a commercial model in Portland, Oregon.
- She was a very good athlete in high school, where she led her soccer team in scoring and still holds the record in girls track for the triple jump.
- Her favorite thing is hanging out with her friends.
- She loves to laugh.
- She feels deep emotion for people who are hurting.
- She has a heart to help young women across the world to be rescued from sex-trafficking.
- The guitar she plays in concerts was one her grandpa owned and played before he gave it to her.